View all facilities
Duck Creek Quarry Park
The Quarry will open on Thursday June 18, 2020.
- All beach users, including swimmers, sun bathers, and picnickers, MUST have a wristband to enter the beach area. The reusable, customized wristbands are free, good for the entire season, and are available now for village residents to pick up at the Howard Village Hall.
- A photo ID or proof of residency is required to obtain a wristband. Village Hall is open 7:30am to 5pm Monday through Thursday and 7:30am to 11:30am on Fridays. Please plan ahead, as wristbands will NOT be available at the quarry.
- The beach area will have limited access between the hours of 10am and 6pm only. The beach will be closed outside of those hours.
- The remainder of the park and trail will be open to all visitors and for all uses, except swimming, during normal park hours. Catch and release fishing is allowed, but not from the beach area. Non-motorized boating, paddle boarding , etc. should launch from the dock, and dog swimming also is designated in that area. Those activities are not allowed on or from the swimming beach.
- Park security personnel will be patrolling the beach and park areas. Citations may be issued for rule violations, and beach privileges also may be revoked.
Duck Creek Quarry Park is a 30.83-acre property containing a limestone quarry which was operated from 1827 until 2001. The quarry opens for recreational use including swimming, fishing and boating on June 18, 2020. Please read all signage prior to using the site.
- Danger, Deep Water
- Caution, No Lifeguard on Duty
- Cliff Jumping/Diving Prohibited
- Possession or consumption of alcohol prohibited
- No smoking, no vaping
- No glass bottles/containers
- All boaters must wear PFD
- No motor boats
- Public Access for Carry-In boats only
- Catch & Release Fishing only. Barbless hooks required.
The site was quarried to within 50-feet of the property lines on all sides and has a depth greater than 170-feet.