- Our Community
- Duck Creek Quarry Beach
Duck Creek Quarry Beach
Duck Creek Quarry Park is a 30.83-acre property that formerly was a limestone quarry that operated from 1827 until 2001. The Village of Howard purchased the property, and the abandoned quarry filled with water from the natural aquifer.
The Duck Creek Quarry was opened for limited recreational use in 2015. The Village of Howard developed it into an actual park and in recent years added amenities such as a sand beach, fishing dock, and a trail system. The beach features a buoyed shallow family swim area and a second deep swimming area recommended for more advanced swimmers.
Duck Creek Quarry Park is open to the general public during normal park hours (sunrise to sunset), except for the Duck Creek Quarry Beach. Park visitors may enjoy catch-and-release fishing, non-motorized boating, paddle boarding, dog swimming and walking. Swimming, including floating, is only allowed from the beach area.
DUCK CREEK QUARRY SWIMMING BEACH - 2023 ADMISSION POLICY
- Admission is still free for Howard residents, who will get a wristband for each person in their household, plus an additional two guest wristbands. There is an unlimited quantity of resident wristbands, and they are available throughout the season.
- Non-resident wristbands are available only for those who participated in and won the lottery in May. The non-resident wristband lottery is now closed, and winners have been notified by email.
- Wristbands for both residents and non-resident lottery winners will be available only by going to the Public Works Department, filling out a form, and showing a photo ID (and paying the $50 non-resident household fee, if applicable). Wristbands will not be mailed and won’t be available at the beach.
- Wristbands may only be picked up in person at the Public Works Department, located at 1336 Cornell Road, between the hours of 6 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 6 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. on Friday.
- The swim beach is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily through Labor Day Monday.
- As always, Duck Creek Quarry Park is open sunrise to sunset for all to enjoy.
- Click here for the 2023 Quarry Wristband Order Form (Howard residents and non-resident wristband lottery winners only)