Village President & Board of Trustees
The Howard Village Board meets regularly the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 6:30 p.m. Meetings are held in the Board Room (back entrance) at Howard Village Hall, 2456 Glendale Ave.
Village Board meetings are open to the public, and residents are welcome and encouraged to attend. The Guide to Village Board Meetings can help visitors understand how meetings are run and the opportunities to speak. Meeting agendas are posted at Howard Village Hall and the Public Works Department and also are available on our website here. The online agendas include hyperlinks to all of the accompanying staff reports and other materials for each item of discussion.
- Burt R. McIntyre, Village President (at large)
- Maria Lasecki, District 1 (Wards 1-2)
- Chris Nielsen, District 2 (Wards 3-4, 21)
- Cathy Hughes, District 3 (Wards 5-6, 19)
- John Muraski, District 4 (Wards 7-8)
- Scott Beyer, District 5 (Wards 9-10, 15)
- Raymond Suennen, District 6 (Wards 11-12, 18)
- Adam Lemorande, District 7 (Wards 13-14)
- Craig McAllister, District 8 (Wards 16-17, 20)
About the BoardThe Village President and Board of Trustees of Howard are responsible for establishing an annual village tax rate, approving an annual budget, setting all formal village policies, and establishing the strategic direction of the village. The village president serves a three-year term and is responsible for making appointments to numerous boards and commissions and for chairing the Village Board meetings.
The trustees each serve two-year terms. The trustees for Districts 1, 2, 7 and 8 (or the outside wards) are elected in the spring of odd years (2021, 2023, etc.) The trustees representing Districts 3, 4, 5 and 6 (or the inside wards) are on the spring ballot in even years (2022, 2024, etc.) You can identify your ward and representing trustee by locating your address on the Village Ward Map.