Rising to new heights - village of howard tag line
  • Twitter
  • facebook
Village of Howard, WI Village of Howard, Wisconsin
HOWARD HISTORY

The Green Bay area was discovered in 1634 by Jean Nicolet, a French voyager. The Town of Howard was established in 1835 and slowly developed along the Duck Creek as a center for mail delivery, farming, quarrying and lumbering. By 1856, a school was operating and the Town of Howard became well known for its Duck Creek stone quarries.

By 1959, the population had grown and the Town of Howard became incorporated as the Village of Howard. Residential, commercial and industrial growth has steadily continued since that time, creating a dynamic suburban community on Green Bay's northwest side.

VILLAGE OF HOWARD HISTORIC PHOTOS
PICTURE APPROXIMATE YEAR DONATED BY
Cy Cornell Discusses Plans for a New Village Hall 1968 Joshua A. Smith
Village of Howard Fire Department Receives a New Pumper Truck 1952 John O' Connor
Village of Howard Fire Department 1964 The Tilly Family
Quarry Workers at Duck Creek Stone Quarry Unknown Toonen Properties
Early Duck Creek Residents at Eagle Hotel Unknown Mau & Associates
View of Cardinal Lane Looking North Unknown N/A
Salscheiders Bar at Corner of Glendale and Cardinal Unknown N/A
2456 Glendale Avenue, Green Bay, WI 54313 - 920/434-4640- email: pfevert@villageofhoward.com - myVILLAGE