Due to the coronavirus pandemic and recommendations from local and state agencies, please note the following changes to Village of Howard operations:
- Village Hall and the Public Works Department offices currently are closed to the public. Residents are encouraged to visit www.villageofhoward.com for information about services, the election, upcoming events and other items of interest.
- We encourage all residents to use our online services and outside drop box as much as possible. Water bills can be paid online, by mail, or in the outdoor drop box. Dog license applications, copies of rabies paperwork, and payments should be mailed or placed in the outdoor drop box.
- Special garbage pickups have resumed on Tuesdays for residents who submit a collection request via the online form. Due to health protocols, items must be placed to the curb by Sunday for pickup on Tuesday, in order to allow a minimum of 24-48 hours between drop-off and pickup. Extra refuse may be brought to the Brown County Waste Transfer Station, located at 3734 W. Mason St. in Hobart. For hours and rates, click here.
- Public Works has completed spring leaf collection. Brush pickup is continuing and must be scheduled. Click here to request brush pickup.
- Garbage and recycling collection remain on schedule; however, only carts will be emptied during this time. Drivers are not able to manually collect extra bags and items outside of the carts.
- The Duck Creek Quarry is completely closed to all users until further notice. All other Howard trails, green spaces, and parks, including playgrounds and restrooms, are open.
- Howard Municipal Court has suspended all in-person traffic, ordinance and juvenile proceedings until further order of the court. Those with previously issued citations with appearance dates may submit a plea in writing. Instructions to do so will be mailed. Click here for more information about this order.
- All current recreation classes and Leisure Services activities have been canceled, including Yoga, Tae Kwon Do, Rhythm and Me, Ballroom Dance, and all senior programs (Bingo, Cards, Line Dancing, etc.)
- Registration for summer/fall classes is postponed until further notice.
- Registration for Howard adult softball leagues has resumed. Click here for more information.
- Limited facility rentals are now available for small groups. Please call Village Hall for more information.
- The Howard Community Fireworks scheduled for July 3 has been postponed. A new date will be announced in 4-6 weeks.
- The prescription drug collection service has been suspended. We cannot accept any medications until further notice. Do NOT leave prescription medications in the outdoor drop box.
- For timely or urgent business matters, please call Village Hall at (920) 434-4640 or Public Works at (920) 434-4060. Staff still will be working, answering phones, and processing payments. Appointments may be scheduled if necessary.
We encourage everyone to limit their social contact as much as possible. Follow the recommendations, wash your hands, and take care of each other!