Due to the coronavirus pandemic and recommendations from state and federal agencies, please note the following changes to Village of Howard operations:
- Village Hall and the Public Works Department offices are closed to the public. Residents are encouraged to visit www.villageofhoward.com for information about services, the election, upcoming events and other items of interest.
- We strongly urge all registered voters to vote by absentee ballot. Online voter registration has been extended to March 30. You can find out if you are already registered and request an absentee ballot at https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/. Another option for people wishing to register and/or vote absentee in person but avoid the Election Day crowds is to come to the Community Center (back entrance) of Village Hall, which is open 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday. We have special protocols in place to ensure the safest experience for our residents and staff.
- We encourage all residents to use our online services and outside drop box as much as possible. Water bills can be paid online, by mail, or in the outdoor drop box. Dog license applications, copies of rabies paperwork, and payments should be mailed or placed in the outdoor drop box.
- Special pickup collection is postponed. Please do not submit requests for special pickups until further notice. Brush pick up is continuing, and Public Works is now picking up leaves. Garbage and recycling collection remain on schedule; however, only carts will be emptied during this time. Drivers are not able to manually collect extra bags and items outside of the carts.
- Howard Municipal Court has suspended all proceedings (traffic, ordinance, and juvenile) through April 28. Those with previously issued citations with appearance dates of March 31 or April 28 may submit a plea in writing. Instructions to do so will be mailed. Click here for more information about this order.
- The April 20 Plan Commission meeting is postponed to May 18. The April 13 and April 27 Village Board meetings will be held as scheduled with teleconference and in-person options.
- The Village Green Golf Course and Restaurant are closed until at least April 24.
- All recreation classes have been canceled, including Yoga, Tae Kwon Do, Rhythm and Me, and Ballroom Dance.
- All senior programs (Bingo, Cards, Line Dancing, etc.) have been suspended until further notice.
- All facility rentals for events with more than 10 participants are being encouraged to cancel. Refunds will be issued.
- The prescription drug collection service has been postponed. We cannot accept any medications until further notice. Do NOT leave prescription medications in the outdoor drop box.
- For timely or urgent business matters, please call Village Hall at (920) 434-4640 or Public Works at (920) 434-4060. Staff still will be working, answering phones, and processing payments. Appointments may be scheduled if necessary.
We encourage everyone to limit their social contact as much as possible. Follow the recommendations, wash your hands, and take care of each other! **